CNC-URSI Student Travel Awards (Canadian Students)
In honour of the URSI CNC/USNC joint meeting return to Vancouver Canada on July 19 – 25, 2015, the URSI Canadian National Committee is pleased to offer Student Travel Fellowships to qualifying Canadian Students presenting an URSI paper in Vancouver. Canadian students (students at Canadian Universities) submitting an URSI abstract as a first author will be considered for a $500 travel award provided by the URSI Canadian National Committee funds following review of their abstract content.
Students interested in CNC travel Award must inform the Conference Management in writing at email@example.com, after receiving the notice of acceptance of their Abstract.
- Students must be the first author on the paper and enrolled at a Canadian University at the time of the abstract submission, and if accepted, also be the paper presenter at the time of the conference.
- The paper topic must be geared to at least one of the 10 URSI Commissions.
- Abstracts must meet the URSI abstract submission requirements as specified in the Call for Papers.
- More than one student paper may be submitted but only one award per student will be made.
- Following the conference, students shall submit to the CNC-URSI their conference registration invoice and a note from their advisor confirming that the student was the paper presenter at the time of the conference.
Guidelines for CNC-URSI:
- CNC-URSI commission representative must review the submission to approve funds.
- On recommendation of an award by the CNC-URSI committee member Brenda Dubois at Lawson Health Research Institute will be notified so that the award can be processed from CNC-URSI discretionary account administered by Lawson. Since a confirmation is requested from the advisor, the financial award process is to follow after the conference.
- For the submission to Brenda Dubois at Lawson the following additional information is needed: Successful applicants are required to show proof of travel in the form of original receipts (e.g. train ticket, airfare, hotel booking). Once the appropriate documentation is received, a cheque will be issued.